About me. And you, perhaps.
This is me. Danny Herbert, 49. Spring Thinking is my company and I personally handle most of the work, with third-party help when your project requires it. My main aim is to add value, by bringing tons of experience and an outside viewpoint. And to take pressure off you.
What have I been doing?
Amongst other things:
- Developed brand and communications thinking for things like: shopping centres, trains; a bowling alley, a science park, a university; plant hire; an iPod dock; and a massive parcels company.
- Picked up problem projects for retail consortia, pharmacy chains and a great big tractor company;
- Supported 6 different agencies through 15 different pitches and helped win 10 of them;
- Developed event & attraction ideas for one well-known Castle, a major city and 3 decent sized towns.
- Redeveloped my university client’s business-customer and undergraduate online offers, and
- Trained dozens of people in better presenting and strategic thinking.
What qualifies me?
Many years ago I started work in ad agencies. They’re usually called communications agencies now but it’s the same sort of thing. Click here to see the most recent.
Most of my work after 1995 was on new-client strategy. Trying to understand your marketplace and competition, drawing my own conclusions and listening to your colleagues … and quickly producing a proposal for action. My strategic input has helped people like you sell stuff, achieve goals, get promoted and even win the odd award.
Nowadays, my aims are quite similar, really. The chief difference is: it costs my clients less commitment and less money. I have no long-term service to sell and no payroll to prop up.